Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Avoidance is not a Cure

I've been avoiding you haven't I? I'd like to say it hasn't been on purpose. That I've been too busy, but that wouldn't be truthful. I have been busy. Just not busy enough to not write.

There's a topic I've been afraid to deal with. Unable to talk about something else, I have avoided you on purpose. It's time to get it off my chest I think.

My mother's cancer has returned. You would think those are easy words to type. I assure you they are not. We've known for a while and suspected for longer.

Mom and Dad have decided that they are going someplace dry and warmer for the winter. It's a good decision for them as it will help mom breathe better. It's also good that they can do something like this at this stage. They've talked about it for years. I'm happy that they can do it.

Will they both return from this trip? Nobody knows. I still have hope, but I'm also scared. Sometimes, the fright wins out.

Tonight we're preparing to head north for Thanksgiving. Mom and Dad will be leaving this weekend and not return until April. I don't know what will happen in the future, but I do know I have something to be thankful for this year. We'll have this holiday together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home